1. You are extremely busy. Many people say planning a wedding can take as much time as working a full time job! Like most couples, you and your fiancé are probably already very busy with school, work (perhaps multiple jobs), projects, families, and/or pets. A wedding coordinator can save you a lot of time in researching and contacting vendors. You might be stuck at work all day, and therefore not be able to make phone calls and send emails to potential vendors, but your coordinator can be doing most of that for you.
2. You live far from where the wedding will be held. Since you are not in town to tour venues, meet with vendors, or even be familiar with local vendors, it can be a struggle to know where to begin. It can be helpful to work with a coordinator from the city in which your wedding will be taking place, because they are very familiar with the venues and vendors in that area. They will be able to give you specific recommendations based on your needs.
3. You don’t enjoy planning. Let’s face it, not every girl has been planning her wedding since she was 5, and not every bride is excited about planning all the little details that go along with a wedding. It can be very overwhelming. While your wedding coordinator will not make each and every decision for you, they can guide you and help you along the way, so that you have less to worry about.
4. You want an expert opinion. You might have an idea of your dream wedding in your head, but I’m sure there are so many small details that never crossed your mind as something you would need to think about. This is where it comes in handy to work with a professional. They will know all the right questions to ask, which decision needs to be made and when, and the proper etiquette for things like how to address invitations and where certain people should sit and stand during the ceremony. Why stress over little things that a coordinator deals with every day and can easily assist you with?
5. You’re on a budget. Everyone has a wedding budget in mind when they start planning, but most people end up going over budget. A wedding coordinator can help you determine a realistic budget for all aspects of your wedding and can help you stick within that budget as much as possible. Not only do they know typical prices for vendors in the area, but they can also refer you to the vendors they know will fall within your budget.
Krista Spinti is the owner of Weddings With A Twist, LLC. She’s certified by The International Institute of Weddings and offers assistance with preparing a timeline, establishing a budget, selecting vendors and more!