Brides-to-be, you know what I’m talking about. Truthfully, all sorts of people in all different situations are falling in love with Pinterest weddings. And it’s easy to see why. I’ll admit it, I started my wedding board before Alex popped the question. And I’m okay with that.
With a plethora of pinspiration for your viewing pleasure, it’s easy to get caught up in the creativity of your virtual dream wedding. Before you get too ahead of yourself, use these easy tips to stay organized.
1. Utilize secret boards. When Pinterest launched secret boards last November, brides everywhere jumped for joy. Finally, a way to plan your wedding without sharing your surprises with wedding guests and friends. Pretty neat, right?
2. Careful collaboration. While you want to keep some element of surprise to your wedding day, it doesn’t hurt to have your close girlfriends in on the secrets. Invite them to pin to your secret board. Chances are, your bridesmaids are already sharing tidbits they think will match your wedding perfectly – why not give them the platform to do so easily? You never know what they may come up with!
3. Don’t lose originality. With so many trendy ideas spiraling on Pinterest, it’s easy to get sucked in. Always remember to take a step back. Sure, some ideas are so neat you’re tempted to incorporate them, but that doesn’t mean they are the right fit for you as a couple. Trust me, guests will appreciate touches that signify your relationship, more than crazy concepts you just couldn’t live without.
4. Consider two wedding boards. Now that I’m knee deep in planning my own wedding, I often wish I would have created two wedding boards. One for the ideas that I know will be a part of my big day, and another for the ideas I have to keep track of, just in case. Think of how much easier it will be to sort through when you’re down to the nitty gritty of planning.
5. Have fun with it. Yep, it’s the easiest of them all. But maybe the most important. While many of the ideas you’ll see on Pinterest may be over-done, use these ideas as a way to spark new inspiration that will make your wedding truly magical. It’s best not to copy a project completely. Instead use the creativity to develop your own interesting ideas for your special day.
Tell us, how do you use (or plan to use) Pinterest for your wedding planning? And, in the meantime, check out what we’re pinning.