While every girl dreams of the day they’ll say yes to the dress, their wedding dreams can’t come true until each accessory is put into place. We chatted with Lisa Carrao of A Savvy Bride to get her take on the must-have wedding accessories for every bride.
1. Bling. Jewelry is a very important part of your wedding day look. The right amount of jewels can take you from a pretty bride to a WOW bride. The days of matchy, matchy necklace and earring sets are over. Let your personality shine, and if you’re smart about it, you can wear the jewelry on every anniversary.
- If you have a more simple gown, try bold, chuncky necklaces.
- If your gown has tons of detail, stay away from a necklace and choose chandelier drop earrings and a bold bracelet.
2. Belts. The look of belts has been in for a few years now, and they aren’t going anywhere any time soon. A belt can totally transform the look of a gown. The newest trend? Sparkle all the way around the entire belt.
- Whether your gown has heavy beading or not, a belt is an easy, unique piece that you can add.
- If you wear a belt at your natural waist, you’ll appear to have a smaller waistline.
3. The Veil and Headpiece. There are so many headpieces out now, most brides are shying away from the tiara look.
- Headbands are very popular and are simply elegant that don’t make you look like Miss America.
- Rhinestone sprays are all the rage – a bolder piece at the back or side of your head.
- Veils have a variety of different edging that can compliment any gown. We are seeing a huge trend towards lace on the veil and an updated version of the mantilla style.
4. Bra Cups. Such a simple thing, but an amazing must have. Most gowns are strapless, and even if you do have straps, most of the time you have to wear the dreaded strapless bra.
- Bra cups get sewn into the gown and the cup of your bust, so they stick with your dress and don’t move around.
- Most of the bra pads have padding in them which will give you a little added boost. Bra pads cost around $25/pair which saves you quite a bit.
5. Spanx. Every girl wants to look her best on her special day…Spanx can be an easy way to achieve that without months in the gym.
- Spanx are great at smoothing and minimizing that dreaded muffin top.
- They are comfortable to wear, won’t roll down on you, and easy to take off at the end of the night.
- Spanx also have an easy flap for those bathroom trips….so you don’t have to totally undress when nature calls.
6. Something Blue. Well, that is the tradition. There are so many options nowadays.
- Sewing your new name into your gown with blue thread
- Blue undies, ankle bracelets and garters
- Blue shoes – almost any shoe can be dyed to a shade of blue that speaks to you
7. A Romantic Groom! Probably the best accessory I can suggest to you. Weddings are amazing, a ton of work and a ton of fun….but knowing that you are walking down the aisle towards someone that loves you like crazy and wants the best for you, and knows how to show it….PRICELESS!