When you’re planning your wedding, it’s essential to add in special touches that signifies you as a couple. For my wedding, I decided to add my special touches through DIY projects. Over months of planning, I knew I wanted a silver sequin tablecloth for our head table. Well, combine the fact that they are difficult to find + expensive to make + pricey to rent, I had to improvise. Instead, I chose to add sparkle in another way – by creating this DIY Mr & Mrs sign for our head table. Here’s how you can do it, too:
- Wooden letters – I used MR & MRS, but you could certainly spell out your new last name
- Modge Podge
- Small foam paint brush
- Glitter – I used silver, but you could use any color; or different material too
- Krylon clear matte finishing spray
- Piece of wood to hot glue letters to (optional)
- Hot glue gun
1. Use the foam paint brush to apply a layer of Modge Podge to your wooden letters.
2. Before the Modge Podge dries, sprinkle glitter on all surfaces of each letter. It’s best to do one letter at a time, so the Modge Podge doesn’t dry.
3. Set letters aside. I put the letters inside of a cardboard box, standing upright. Let dry.
4. Once letters are dry, touch up any spots that need it with Modge Podge and glitter.
5. Spray with finishing spray.
If you purchased wooden letters that stand on their own, you’re done! However, if you purchased wooden letters that need extra support, follow these steps:
6. Cut a flat piece of wood the length of your letters. Since I was using a black tablecloth, I spray painted the wood black to blend into the table.
7. Use a hot glue gun to glue each letter to the front of the wood base. Press and hold.
8. Once each letter is in place, let dry. And remember – pack your glue gun in your wedding day emergency kit, incase you have to make a last minute fix. Then – admire!