It’s true – weddings are expensive! I was married last November, and you better believe my final budget was nowhere close to the budget I had in my head when my husband popped the question. Still, my wedding was perfect, and I wouldn’t change a thing – including the budget.
If you’re in the beginning stages of planning a wedding, here are my tips to keep in mind when crunching the numbers. Plus, check out the handy-dandy infographic below; or, go a step further and calculate your wedding budget, with this helpful calculator from The Insider.
5 things to know when setting your wedding budget:
- Know where your wedding budget is coming from – are parents contributing? Have all that information present before you set your budget.
- Know what you and your fiance can afford when it comes to your wedding budget, and what number both of you are comfortable with.
- Know what is important to you. Maybe you can’t afford the sequin tablecloth, but you can improvise by making a sparkly sign for your head table.
- Know what you’re willing to splurge on. If your day won’t be the same without this one detail, go for it and cut back somewhere else.
- Know that you might have to hunt around for vendors that will work within your budget. The extra work will pay off.