As an event planner, it’s my job to ensure every last detail is in place before the big day so my clients can have a wonderful time at their party. With just one week to go before the Artful Bride Event, I put together this checklist to help Milwaukee brides, their maids and moms gear up for fun and inspiration, too.
The week before
- Call your bridesmaids to see if they’re available for girls’ night at the Artful Bride Event on Monday, January 14, at 4 p.m., at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Purchase your tickets. Want to get in early? VIP tickets will get you early admission (3 p.m.) and a swag bag filled with fabulous wedding goodies!
- Enter to win tickets below, or at facebook.com/partyproductionsJR and twitter.com/wedinmilwaukee.
- Remind the MOB (mother of the bride) and MOG (mother of the groom) about the ABE exclusive event from 1 to 3 p.m. that’s just for them.
A few days before
- Pick out your favorite cocktail dress, or better yet, go shopping for a new one!
- Time to accessorize! Find the perfect shoes, purse and jewels to complete your outfit.
- Practice your wedding smile for your photograph in front of the ABE Step & Repeat.
The day of
- Make sure you have directions to the Milwaukee Art Museum (700 Art Museum Dr.) if you’re not familiar with the area.
- Pack your camera or smart phone to capture all the spectacular ideas and new trends featured at the ABE.
- Arrive at the ABE…enjoy hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, music, bridal fashion show, dancing, meeting dozens of talented wedding pros, and much more!
**Win tickets!** To enter to win two (2) VIP tickets to ABE (worth $100!), share in the comments below: What color cocktail dress will you be sporting at the event? The contest ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, January 11, 2013. The five (5) winners will be informed shortly thereafter.
I’ll wear a purple dress
I’ll be wearing white, of course, with bold black flowers 🙂