I did it. I started the exciting journey of creating a wedding registry. Cue the bells and whistles as I let out an excited “yahoo!”. I’ll admit, it’s pretty great to walk into a store and create a dream wish-list without having to spend a penny. Still, amongst the excitement I was experiencing with my fiance, I had this feeling of angst – am I choosing the right dinnerware? Just how many wine glasses does a couple really need? Will that cheese plate be put to use or take up space in a cupboard in my not-so-large kitchen?
A worrier by nature, these thoughts paced my mind until a very close friend of mine reminded me – registries can be updated whenever and if you have to, you can always return. Whew, relief.
While Milwaukee boasts many unique local registries, I chose to start at Crate&Barrel in Wauwatosa. While we went in on a whim (and there were at least 10 other couples who did the same), Crate&Barrel does host special events just for this occasion. The Wedding Parties events is a party just for you. According to Crate&Barrel, you’ll get inside tips from registry experts, create your perfect registry and celebrate with food, drinks and fun. Mark your calendars, brides, the next event is Sunday, June 2 from 9-11 a.m. at Mayfair Mall. RSVP here.
For those of you getting ready to start your own wedding registry adventures, here are a few tips that I’ll keep in mind for my next store:
- Before stepping foot in the store, have a list on paper or in you mind of the items you need & don’t need.
- When navigating the store, work through section by section. Completely finish the kitchen section before moving onto bedding.
- If you come across an item you’re unsure about, scan it anyways! You can always remove the item later online.
- Be practical about your choices but have fun too! It won’t hurt to throw in a couple items that you may not not need, but want.
- Remember what other stores you are adding to your registry too, and what they might offer compared to your current location.
- Last but not least – have fun!