Remember the magic you felt on your first date together? Or maybe the first time you noticed that spark was there? The “firsts” you experience in your relationship are truly once-in-a-lifetime. And the first time you see one another on your big day? That’s no different! The moment you and your significant other lock eyes for the first time on your wedding day is a memory that’ll last forever, and one that deserves to be documented!
Whether you opt to coordinate a private meet-up before the ceremony or prefer to wait for that exciting walk down the aisle, take a look at our picks for the most memorable first look moments!
1. Sweet Surprise: Change things up and honor the quintessential first look moment by sneaking up behind your groom! It’s sure to be an exciting moment for you, and full of anticipation for your handsome beau!
2. Keep it Classy! Sticking to the timeless tradition of seeing your groom as you walk down the aisle makes for a touching photo — not to mention a reaction that’ll have your guests reaching for tissues!
3. Pure Emotion: Nothing’s comparable to the raw emotion experienced right after the two of you see each other for the first time! When reflecting on this moment in your album, you’ll remember the anticipation you felt, and the sweet relief of seeing your soulmate!
4. Change it Up! Do you and your hubby-to-be prefer to think outside of the box? Turn first-look tradition on its head! Having your guy sneak up on you is fun, exciting and offers a fresh take on this sweet shot.
5. A Twist in Perspective: Snapping shots of the lead-up to your first look is the perfect way to reflect the anticipation of seeing one another for the first time! While looking at this photo after the big day, your friends and family will almost feel the excitement you felt at that exact moment in time!
Amanda Liberatore is the mastermind behind George Street Photo & Video’s blog and social media resources. When she’s not scouring the internet for the latest wedding tips, trends and adorable details, she’s shopping at Kate Spade or poring over her favorite fashion blogs!