When you walk into a store to buy a tube of mascara there are so many options to choose from. Most brands promise you luxury lashes with no clumps, no flakes, and the illusion that even the scarcest of lashes will turn into Ardelle Demi Wispis. How will you know which one is the best fit for you? I have picked my top 5 favorite mascaras on the market right now, in which you may agree or disagree with. Just know that this is MY opinion and everyone’s lashes are unique. If you are on the hunt for quality with a tight budget I would suggest checking out your local Ulta store. The company has a policy that gives you the ability to try out a product and return it within a certain amount of days without hassle if you are not completely satisfied. Who has the time and money for a drawer full of unusable mascara? Also don’t forget to sign up for their mailing list that comes with different coupons every month for great savings and latest products.
My Top 5 favorite mascaras of right now:
- Smashbox’s Full Exposure: This is my favorite everyday mascara that glides on soft and silky without flakes and clumps. Full Exposure is wearable all day without worrying about drying out the eyes or getting pesky flakes that eventually lead to those dreaded raccoon eyes. Since there are no harsh parabens or additives this mascara gives you the ability to help grow your lashes- not dry them out which can eventually lead to breakage. My favorite part is the big thick wand; I can layer and layer without making a mess or transferring color all over my lids. You can find this mascara for $19.50 at any Ulta or Sephora stores. Also visit Smashbox.com for free shipping and samples.
- Benefits “They’re Real”: A real “eye opener”, this jet black mascara is thick enough to last through even your longest days. This award winning mascara is sweeping the beauty stores with great reviews and better sales. However, I save my Benefits “They’re Real” for my special occasion mascara. I love how it turns my light featherweight lashes into a deep faux lash look. The only downfall is that it can be a challenge to remove at night, so that’s why I save this mascara for Saturday night’s out on the town. A good eye make-up remover is also a must. This mascara can be found for $19.50 at any Ulta or Sephora store.
- L’Oreal Voluminous– Every makeup artist’s go-to “drug store brand” mascara; Goes on smooth and lasts all day. For a price tag of $8 and a variety of colors to choose from you really can’t go wrong with this one. Found at most Ulta, Target or Walgreens stores for a great bargain and undeniable quality.
- Urban Decay Super Curl– This is for the girl with stick straight lashes. This mascara truly does its job when it comes to curling and opening up your eyes. The distinctive curved wand actually helps lift the lashes up and keep them curled all day. You can find this mascara for $20 at any Ulta or Sephora stores.
- Tarte’s Lights Camera Flashes (waterproof) – If we have ever talked waterproof mascaras then you know I’m not a fan of them. You will notice your natural lashes thinning faster than normal if used heavily, this is due to the main ingredients mostly being alcohol. If you must use waterproof then look no further than Tarte’s Light’s Camera Lashes, the product uses ingredient’s such as olive esters which will protect and nourish the lashes while proofing them from water, humidity and sweat. You can find this mascara for $19.00 at any Ulta or Sephora store.