Cuvee, by Matt Haas Photography
Unless you’ve had your heart set on a particular venue, choosing the right place to celebrate your special day can be a tough decision. Like most of us, I love Milwaukee. Still, I was blown away by the number of gorgeous venues located within its perimeter. To make things even tougher – each venue lends itself to a specific wedding theme and feel. How on earth is a bride to choose?
I’ll admit it, my fiance and I toured well over 12 Milwaukee-area venues, and our favorites (Cuvee and 1451 Renaissance Place) we walked through more than once. But you must! It’s one of the most important days of your life; and you’ll want to make sure your decision is what you have always hoped for. After all, the reception site most likely will set the tone for all of your wedding decisions to come. And just like you knew your fiance was the one and that feeling you had when you said yes to the dress – that will all come flooding back, when you find your venue.
Take a look at our list of possible venue & reception sites in the Milwaukee area to choose from. As you start your tours, use these 10 handy dandy talking points to find what’s right for you:
1. How many guests can the space hold?
2. Is your date available?
3. Can you use your own vendors?
4. What does the rental fee include? (Think chairs, parking, etc.)
5. On the wedding day, what time can you start setting up?
6. Is there space for the bridal party to get ready?
7. If you are having your ceremony & reception in the same venue, how long will it take to flip the room?
8. Are there bathrooms available on-site?
9. What form of payment do you need to give?
10. What other restrictions might affect the day?