Photo by Jon Good Media
Your wedding colors set the tone for your entire affair. Most likely, your bridesmaids will adorn the color, your flowers will be speckled with it and your decorations will accent the event through varied hues. Question is, how do you choose your colors? A variety of factors can sway this decision.
Seven tips to keep in mind as you make your color choices:
1. Season: what color will the trees be? Will the sun beat down or winter clouds roll in? Consider all seasonal factors, and match accordingly. For spring & summer think light, bright hues. For winter & fall, go a little darker.
2. Venue: keep in mind what colors won’t go with your ceremony or reception site, and play up those colors that do.
3. Personal preference: what colors do you personally love (and hate!)? This is important too – keep these in mind.
4. Other key wedding elements: do you have a family heirloom you know will be a part of your big day? Will it match or clash the colors you choose?
5. Choose a dominant color: Start with a color you know you want. Then match appropriately by choosing different shades to accent with.
6. Set your mood: think about how your color combinations will set the tone for your event. Do you want your guests to feel relaxed, or lively and upbeat? Colors can evoke this.
7. Pictures: what colors will look the best in photos and video? After all, that’s where the memories live.
Take a look at how these Wed in Milwaukee brides incorporated color into their weddings, by clicking the photos below.