Here’s an idea for your wedding that allows you to plan ahead for your 10 year, 20 year, or even 50 year wedding anniversary! You could create a time capsule from your wedding day that you will seal and not open until your designated anniversary. Some items you could include in the box are:
- Your favorite bottle of wine
- Love letters written to each other before the wedding
- Letters/cards from people that mean a lot to you
- Pictures from your engagement
- The story of your engagement
- A list of memories from when you first met and started dating
- The story of how you first met
- A list of what you love about one another
- A list of your hopes and dreams for the future (i.e. Where do you hope to be in 10, 20, 50 years? How many kids do you think you will have? etc.)
Get creative and add anything that is special to you and your spouse. It will be so fun to look back and reminisce on all those memories together years down the road. It will bring you back to when you first met and fell in love and could remind you of the little details that may have been forgotten after years of marriage.
Here’s a twist to this idea! You can plan on opening your time capsule every 10 years and then add other items each time you open it. This way you could start to include your children, pets, homes you have lived in, etc. It would allow you and your family to take a trip down memory lane together every decade.
Krista Spinti is the owner of Weddings With A Twist, LLC. She’s certified by The International Institute of Weddings and offers assistance with preparing a timeline, establishing a budget, selecting vendors and more!