1. Consider the shape and size of every bridesmaid- If your group of girls have different body types and heights, pick a few different styles to flatter everyone, plus they will be happy and comfortable all night!
2. Keep a budget in mind- A bridesmaid’s cost will add up once you factor in shoes, alterations, jewelry, nails etc. Some brides will “gift” her girls by paying for a portion of the dress, otherwise giving them a jewelry set or covering the updo will help offset the total cost.
3. Think of your timeframe- Start dress shopping at least 4-5 months in advance so there is plenty of time to order and alter the dresses. It can be challenging to get everyone together, try shopping first with your maid of honor, then narrow down the styles you like best so it’s easier to make a decision when your girls are available.
4. Help your out of town girls- If you have a bridesmaid who lives out of town, have her get professionally measured at a local bridal boutique so she can order the correct size. She can also have her dress shipped to her, then get alterations done locally.
5. Have your maid of honor stand out- To honor the leading lady, consider having her wear a different style or color dress. She could also wear a beaded belt to be a little different from the rest of the girls.
6. What kind of color scheme and fabric? – Whether it’s one color, ombre, or a mix of soft pastels, there are no written rules or what works and what doesn’t! The fabric of the dress should compliment or coordinate with yours- a satin bridal gown pairs well with satin bridesmaids dress, same with chiffon. Consider satin for Fall or Winter, while lace and chiffon works well for Spring and Summer.
Ready to start trying on dresses? Join us at Bucci’s Bridal for our Bari Jay Trunk Show February 13th – 15th! Call 262-691-9963 to make an appointment.
Melissa, the owner of Bucci’s Bridal, is excited to bring a brand new bridal boutique to the Lake Country Area, right where she grew up! She enjoys meeting new people and loves hearing personal stories while helping brides-to-be find their dream dress for their wedding day.